Best wishes to the BBC
December 25, 2005
Dear Ms. Helen Boaden, director of BBC news
Could you please ask Paul Wood to wear a military uniform the next time he says that British and American forces "came to Iraq in the first place to bring democracy and human rights" ? [BBC News at Ten, 22.12]
I thought it was for Iraq’s WMD and the imminent threat these WMD would pose to the security of the US and the UK. Who’s lying?
Also, since democracy and human rights are not items one can export but a process depending on the struggle of popular movements, what Mr Wood says is simply an absurdity, a lie, a propaganda’s tool.
Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, kidnappings, tortures, rapes, cluster bombs, depleted uranium, white phosphorous, Fallujah… This is what the coalition of the killing has brought to Iraq.
And here is what the Iraqi think:
• Forty-five per cent of Iraqis believe attacks against British and American troops are justified - rising to 65 per cent in the British-controlled Maysan province;
• 82 per cent are "strongly opposed" to the presence of coalition troops;
• less than one per cent of the population believes coalition forces are responsible for any improvement in security;
• 67 per cent of Iraqis feel less secure because of the occupation;
• 43 per cent of Iraqis believe conditions for peace and stability have worsened;
• 72 per cent do not have confidence in the multi-national forces.
The source of this poll is that UK Ministry of Defence Mr Paul seems working for.
Best wishes for the holiday season, Ms. Helen Boaden. I hope you, Mr Wood and all the BBC will dedicate a few seconds to those hundreds of thousands of children, women, young and old people, innocent civilians who have been murdered also because of your silences and your lies. Anything you will drink to celebrate the new year will have the bitter taste of blood. The blood of your victims.
:: Article nr. 18999 sent on 26-dec-2005 03:31 ECT
:: The address of this page is : www.uruknet.info?p=18999
:: The incoming address of this article is :
:: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Uruknet .